6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2009 9:34 AM by Bennie

Month End Grand Total and Page Number starting from 1 at the beginning of the Month

Bennie

Title

Month End Grand Total and Page Number starting from 1 at the beginning of the Month

Hi! Hope someone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

1. On FM 9 I want to calculate my Month End weights of all the parcels that I delivered (I got it to work to calculate the daily weights, using a sub sum function) but

currently the summary Function calculates the running total of all the months which is not what I want. It must be Month by Month. 

What formula must I use?

2. On the preview mode for printouts my page numbers, which is in the Footer, ends for the month on a number ie 12 or 13 for all the work that was done for a month.

Starting on a new Month it carries on to the next page no. but I would like it to start back at page 1 for the new Month and not continiuosly.

What must be done to rectify this?

Bennie

• 1. Re: Month End Grand Total and Page Number starting from 1 at the beginning of the Month
          philmodjunk

You're nearly there if you can set up daily sub summaries.

Create a new calculation field set to return a "date" type: Date( Month ( YourDateField ) , 1 , Year ( YourDateField ) )

Create a Sub-Summary part and specify this new calculation field as its "When sorted by" field.

Place the same summary fields you used in your daily sub summary part in this new part. (You can have both parts on the same or separate layouts.)

Return to browse mode and sort your records by this new calculation field.

• 2. Re: Month End Grand Total and Page Number starting from 1 at the beginning of the Month
            Bennie2

Thank you for your help I really appreciate it.

However I just can't get my page numbering to work correctly I've got the following in "Detailed Monthly Report" Layout Mode:

Header

Sub Sum for Month (Leading) - (Month)

Sub Sum by Day (Leading) - (Date)Body

Sub Sum By Date (Trailing) - inserted fields   (Month)  - (Grand TTL Kg) & (Grand TTL Vol)

Sub Sum By MonthTTL - Date( Month ( YourDateField ) , 1 , Year ( YourDateField ) ) - as you said

Trailing Grand Summary

Footer      -  Page ##  

All is done on the Same Layout. 

In my "Sort"  I've got 1 MonthTTL  2 Month 3 Date 4 Sub Sum GTTL Kg 5 Sub Sum GTTL Vol

1-3 is in Ascending Order 

At one stage I manage to get it right to start Aug on page1, but once I sorted my Month End calculation out correctly now

July is back on page 1 and Aug on page 13 

Could you perhaps tell me where do I go wrong? 

Bennie. 

Sorry for taking so long to reply back. I'm not always on the net.

Somehow I just could'nt get logged in and had to create a new account

• 3. Re: Month End Grand Total and Page Number starting from 1 at the beginning of the Month
              philmodjunk

I'm not totally clear on what you want on the page number side.

Do you want each month to start a new page and start the page numbering back at 1?

Do you want the current month to be at the beginning of your report (which would make it page one) or do you just want to restart the page numbering when the current month portion of the report is reached?

Do you want the most recent month at the beginning of your report with the least recent at the end?

• 4. Re: Month End Grand Total and Page Number starting from 1 at the beginning of the Month
                Bennie

Hi

I would like the current month to start on page1 in my report because when I print in Preview mode

I know that the numbering would be correct from page 1 to the last page number for that month.

Currently in preview mode Aug started on page 13 and ended on page 24. I have not yet printed the report

because the way I see it, the report will have these page numbers on where I actually want the 1st page to be no.1,2,3 and so on in Preview mode.

I hope I could have made it clearer.

Thank you for your help

Bennie

• 5. Re: Month End Grand Total and Page Number starting from 1 at the beginning of the Month
                  philmodjunk

To put the most recent month at the head of your report, Sort by the month calculation field, but specify a descending sort order instead of the default ascending order. Your report should then list months in the following order:

December, 2009

November, 2009

October, 2009

That do what you need?

• 6. Re: Month End Grand Total and Page Number starting from 1 at the beginning of the Month
                    Bennie

Hi

Thank you very much for your help, I got it right and really appreciate your patience

for trying to understand what I wanted to accomplish.

Regards

Bennie