3 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2012 4:10 AM by Sorbsbuster

Move portal record to top

Mitch

Title

Move portal record to top

Hi,

Is there a way to re-sort a portal, lets say ascending alhabeitcally using a field 'Title', but also move the portal records up so a specific record is at the top of the list as it is dipslayed on the layout.  

The layout I have displays around 15 or so portal rows in my layout.  

I have unqiue numbers for each portal record, which I may be able to use to locate and select the specific record. 

• 1. Re: Move portal record to top
          Sorbsbuster

"Is there a way to re-sort a portal" - yes, you can sort the portal at relationship level, or in the portal definition.  You can make those sort criteria dynamic (eg click to see sorted by title, or by author.)  But having sorted by title, this bit throws me: "but also move the portal records up so a specific record is at the top of the list"

Do you expect to see something like this?:

Milton
          Aarvark
          Beeching
          Chambers
          Doris
          Xavier
          Zebedee

I don't know how you will tag the one of the list that you want to see at the top, but it might be easier to fabricate what looks like one portal, but is actually two.  Have the first row of the 'portal' actually the direct relatioship to the tagged record, and then tuck below it the 'real', scrolling portal. sorted however you like.

• 2. Re: Move portal record to top
            Mitch

"but also move the portal records up so a specific record is at the top of the list"

By this I mean searching for a portal record, and then re-sorting the portal to bring this record to the top of the portal.

I suppose I can create a new empty field 'Order', then the portal I wish to link to will have a figure such as '1' placed in the field, then the new sort could sort desending by the new field, then ascending alphabetically by 'Title' field.....?

• 3. Re: Move portal record to top
              Sorbsbuster

Go for it.