1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 3, 2009 10:59 AM by TSGal

Moving records to a history tab or a layout tab

BlondeGeek82

Title

Moving records to a history tab or a layout tab

I am trying to create a check out system and I'm wondering instead of people creating 8-10 records a day is it possible to archive the records to a tab or a different layout. So that each day when the people go in to check out a batch it's a new start.

Another thought was that....once they check something out, is it a possibility to have all there check outs for the day summerize at the bottom of the tab too see all of there work for the day........

I need lots of help so if anyone can respond or contact me via private message, that would be great.

THank You 

• 1. Re: Moving records to a history tab or a layout tab
          TSGal

BlondeGeek82:

Thank you for your post.

You may want to look at the "Lending Library" template.  Pull down the File menu and select "New Database...".  On the right side are a list of available templates.  Select "Lending Library", and this should give you a good start.

Yes, you can archive the records.  One of your tabs could have a relationship into a table based on not the current date.  Needless to say, you can have a tab with a relationship that only shows todays date.  With this latter relationship/tab, you can use a calculation field to sum the records (for today).

I have also sent you a private message (top of this page - right side - X Messages).

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.