2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2011 1:49 PM by bobthebuilder

Moving to a layout based on a selected field value in a portal

bobthebuilder

Title

Moving to a layout based on a selected field value in a portal

I have a customers layout with a portal showing  all the jobs completed with unique references ie 509 510 etc.

I want to click on the job ref field in the portal and open up a layout based on the job ref showing all the detail related to that job. 

I have tried go to related records, this brings up the layout but has the other records included on the next pages of the layout.

Im sure this is simple stuff can you help

• 1. Re: Moving to a layout based on a selected field value in a portal
          philmodjunk

With show only related records, GTRR will bring up the same records as listed in the portal, but with the clicked portal row record being the current record. You can add steps afterwards to isolate this one record if you wish, or keep the detail layout in form view (just hides the other related records from immediate view), or you can perform a find for the record on the detail layout instead of using GTRR.

Show All Records
          Omit Record
          Show Only Omitted

will isolate the current record in a found set of one record in single user set ups. In multi-user setups, there's a slim chance that a record created at the same instance as this script may show up included with the record you want to isolate.

Using Find instead of GTRR:

Set Variable [$PrimaryKey ; PortalTable::PrimaryKeyField]
          Go To Layout [detail layout (PortalTable)]
          Enter Find Mode[]
          Set Field [PortalTable::PrimaryKeyField ; $PrimaryKey]
          Perform Find[]

• 2. Re: Moving to a layout based on a selected field value in a portal
            bobthebuilder

Thanks for the help that did the job