2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2009 9:14 PM by obeechi

Muiti lookup on same layout

wrm

Title

Muiti lookup on same layout

I have a layout that is part of a form that I'm working on.  It has the same information that is needed over and over again.  I'm pulling data from a table within in the same data base.   I've done a standard look up set up.  It works with one, but when I try to add another look up on the form, it's just filling out the fields using the look up from the first one. What am I doing wrong.  First time FM user.  Thanks.

• 1. Re: Muiti lookup on same layout
          davidhead

Sorry but this is the last time I will say this today - you have to provide more specific details to get help.

"I have a layout that is part of a form that I'm working on" - In FileMaker Pro, a layout IS a form so I don't understand what you are saying. 

"It has the same information that is needed over and over again" - what information and why?

What exactly have you set up and how? It is probably wrong but without that information, I would have to guess. 

• 2. Re: Muiti lookup on same layout
            obeechi
               Are you meaning to say that the look up is populating your target field with same data in each case, when there should be related data that should populate your target field in each case (kinda like when the first field keeps getting re-used to the exclusion of the other fields)?