3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2013 11:15 AM by philmodjunk

Multi-Column Chart not showing one set of columns

gregdc

Title

Multi-Column Chart not showing one set of columns

I am trying to put together a chart in FM12 that uses multiple columns.   The X-Axis is year, the Y-Axis is a count of people.  One set of columns show the number of people entering a program (EntryDate is not null, CertDate is Null) and the second set of columns show those getting Certified (CertDate is not Null).   

If I display the chart as individual data all the data point show.   However if I display the chart as a summary by year only one set of columns shows (People Entering), the other columns are missing.

So the data is in the found set, but I just can not get it to show a summary with two sets of columns.   Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to look for the solution?

• 1. Re: Multi-Column Chart not showing one set of columns
          philmodjunk

Your sorting is grouping all the records into a single group where you need two groups. Unlike sub summary layout parts in a summary report, the "found set, summarized data" data source settings only support grouping records by sorting on a single field. You can't sort by year, then sort by a secondary category via a value in a second field and get category groups within each larger year based grouping.

You may, however, be able to concoct a calculation field that has a value that combines year with the sub category data that you can use as your single sort field to get the needed groups for your chart.

• 2. Re: Multi-Column Chart not showing one set of columns
            gregdc

Agggg,  Since this is true, is it even possible to do two+ column charts?   I had plans for a Budget vs Actual column chart later in the project.  But now....

Thanks for the quick answer.

• 3. Re: Multi-Column Chart not showing one set of columns
              philmodjunk

Yes it is possible, but it can take some creativity to come up with a calculation field that serves the place of two fields in your sort order to get the needed columns in your chart.