AnsweredAssumed Answered

Multi-criteria find for a single field

Question asked by TomPiatt on Mar 1, 2012
Latest reply on Mar 2, 2012 by philmodjunk

Title

Multi-criteria find for a single field

Been a FileMaker user for years however not at a  developer skill level and this one has me stumped.  I have thousands of records, each with a unique six digit ID number (Tracking ID).  I need to do a Find looking for a subset of hundreds of these Tracking ID numbers.  It would be great if I could simply paste into the appropriate field during a Find, comma seperated or some other type of delimited list of this sub set - and do a Perform Find.  It's not practical to do this search via "brute force" as the number of matches I am looking for is so large.

IN addition, my users are not experienced with Filemaker so I need to make this process fairly easy to execute.  They are used to copying the Tracking ID's they are looking for from an Excel spreadsheet - then pasting them into another application.  I'd like to be able to provide a similarly straightforward process using FileMaker as it is a better solution than what we have been using.

I've been doing my homework however I can't seem to find a way to do this.  Would be very grateful fo a nudge in the right direction.  Thank you.

Outcomes