1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 26, 2012 8:28 AM by philmodjunk

Multiple attachements in one Send Mail script step??

mmccarty

Title

Multiple attachements in one Send Mail script step??

Hello,

I have a script that sends email notifications to my division.  In those emails I need to attach two documents.  So in the attachments dialog within the Send Mail script step I specify 2 file paths.  When the email is sent only 1 attachment is sent.  The attachment that corresponds to the first file path.  Is there something I need to do within the dialog to make it attach both files?

Currently I create two variables $file1 and $file2 that are my file paths and list them in the attachment dialog.  FileMaker only attaches one file, which ever one I list first.  Both file paths works but FM won't attach both.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Multiple attachements in one Send Mail script step??
          philmodjunk

The only thing you are doing wrong is assuming that Send Mail can attach two documents to the same email. It can't. You'll need to come up with an alternative approach:

1) Send two emails

2) Merge the two documents or zip them into a compressed archive file

3) Acquire an Email Plug in from a 3rd party developer that supports multiple email attachments.