AnsweredAssumed Answered

mUltiple customers, each with multiple records

Question asked by tiffanyb on Aug 29, 2009
Latest reply on Aug 31, 2009 by philmodjunk

Title

mUltiple customers, each with multiple records

Hi. I have an interior decorating business and I need instructions on how to set up a database with multiple tables. I have already set up 3 of those tables. 1 for general information about the customer, 2nd for tracking options and inventory that the customers have purchased or budgeted to purchase, 3rd for invoicing these customers. 

Right now i am trying to figure out a setup that will allow me to go to one customer and enter in several items such as a sofa, table, lamp, etc that they have purchased (and the details about the item including price and pictures) with each item being a separate record under that customer. 

Then I would like the database to allow me to sort that inventory into a table (in tab view) by room. For example, when i click the "living room" tab I show a table that contains each item (record) that was either purchased or not for that specific room. Then check another tab and see other items/records that were purchased for the "dining room". I also need for each item purchased to calculate or subtract from a given budget.

How would I accomplish this?

Thanks

Outcomes