3 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2011 4:15 AM by mazirrakhan

Multiple Employee Time Sheet access and privilege settings

AudioGuy

Title

Multiple Employee Time Sheet access and privilege settings

Hello group,

Very amateur DB programer here...  I'm wondering how or if I can do this in FileMaker ver11.  The company I work for wants to start doing "Time Sheets" for employees.  I would like to restrict access so that each employee can only see their hours.  I'm afraid I'm not understanding how the privileges work, but it would be great if there were a simple screen where  an employee would select their name from a list, then type a password, then have access to only their time card.  We currently already use FMP to track time on a project baises, so I've got relations down pretty good.  This is just a slight shift in how the data is seen by the employee.  Instead of seeing the project, they would see their time sheet and they could enter time in for selected projects, then an admin could view and make project specific reports with compiled data from all the employees.  (That part I think I can handle...)

1. The version of FileMaker Pro you are using. - FMP 11 v.01

2. The operating system and version you are using. - Mac OS X 10.6.3

3. Describe as much detail about your database as is pertinent to your question.  Otherwise, other forum participants will have to guess and/or ask for more information. - see above

4. Give examples of what you are trying to accomplish, but can't.  For example, how you want a report to list information, what related information is not showing, etc.  This can really help the responder(s) when they suggest a solution. - see above

5. Try to indicate your level of experience with FileMaker and/or other database designs.  If the person responding to your post knows that you are a newer user, they can give a more detailed step by step description.-  User since version 5 but still very much an ameteur on the programing side.

6. Please indicate whether your database file is being shared over a network, or being published to the web via either Instant Web Publishing (IWP) or Custom Web Publishing (CWP). - Currently we have 5 users sharing on an internal network.