AnsweredAssumed Answered

Multiple Filters from a Drop Down

Question asked by GrahamKeogh on Dec 15, 2014
Latest reply on Dec 18, 2014 by GrahamKeogh

Title

Multiple Filters from a Drop Down

Hi all

Okay this has me totally stumped. I have tried everything suggested and read through the forum but my limited knowledge of Filemaker scripts and filters has got me nowhere.

I have a 'Jobs' table with an input page and a list view layout. At the top of the Jobs List view layout I would like to have drop down menus that will filter out results from the list and display the associated data.

The problem is there is quite a few variables involved that I need to sort and to get to interact. I need to have a drop down called 'Job Status' with various states of a job and will show only those selected from the list, e.g. 'Active'; then a drop down list containing employees so you can display the jobs that a person is working on; and finally a drop down that has a list of all clients to display only the jobs associated with that selected client from the list.

I don't know how to go about getting them to all interact, so essentially you could have a situation where you could see 'active' jobs that 'Joe Bloggs' is working on for 'Acme Co'.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would massively appreciate it, as if I can get this sorted my other filter problems regarding a similar situation on a Timesheets table might get solved!

Cheers

Outcomes