6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2009 3:17 PM by Johnmelchior

Multiple finds in Filemaker Pro 9

Johnmelchior

Title

Multiple finds in Filemaker Pro 9

Ok, I’m ready to cry”uncle”... I have a fairly robust relational Filemaker database that I have created for a local charity to track and acknowledge donations.  My problem: I need to create a script to find multiple criteria in different fields.  To test and troubleshoot- I created a simple 4 field test database... two text fields one named “object” andthe other “color”,a numeric field named “value” and a date field named “creation date”. The test script I need is to find all items created today that are blue in color and square. The enclosed will find records with “blue” and “square” fields, but for the “life of me” I can’t seem to find a way to include today’s creation date.

Find_Multiple_Fields 

------------------------------ 

Show All Records 

Go to Layout [ “Input_layout” ] 

Enter Find Mode [  ] 

Perform Find [ Specified Find Requests: Find Records; Criteria: test scripts::color: “blue” AND test scripts::object: “square” ] [ Restore ] 

How do I include the find records with today’s date(creation date) also, so my results are Today’s date, Blue, and Square records?

I would also like to do a find for any input of a creation date and then use those found records to further sort by color and object...

I have experimented and searched to no avail....