AnsweredAssumed Answered

Multiple Occurence Table within Portal

Question asked by BERGSTEN on Dec 28, 2010
Latest reply on Dec 28, 2010 by BERGSTEN

Title

Multiple Occurence Table within Portal

I have a schedule Table with 365 records (1 for each day). This is related to an Invoice/Event table by invoice number. This way I can put an event on a day to keep track of everything for the day.

The problem that I am having is that the schedule or "Showday" table is also related to a trucks table that looks up the type of truck based on its ID.

I need to be able to keep track of multiple trucks on multiple shows, so they are joined by a linking table.

Since there is no way to have a portal for trucks within the portal that is each day on the showday (as shown), I have created two multiple occurence fields (one for the number/ID of the truck and one for the result/name of the truck).

When I use this method, the truck lookups then appear on the portal record after this as pictured. All related tables have the "Allow related records..." button checked on the relationship table side of things.

As a side note if anyone knows how: I'd also like to be able to add portal records without an associated Invoice Id so that we can keep track of other scheduling events that may not be invoices.

Thanks and sorry for the long-winded explanation.

result_copy.jpg

Outcomes