3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2009 12:19 PM by TSGal

Multiple page record!

ThiagoMundim

Title

Multiple page record!

Hi

I'm making a letter and I'd like to every letter be a different record... with subject and message contex.

How can I make the contex field strech down as I type and when it reachs the botton of the page (footer), it goes to the next page and continues typing ? As if I'm typing on word.

Is that possible?

Many Thanks

Thiago Mundim

• 1. Re: Multiple page record!
          TSGal

Thiago Mundim:

Thank you for your post.

Go into Layout Mode and size the field to spread across two pages.  On the layout, you will see a dotted horizontal line which symbolizes the page break.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Multiple page record!
            ThiagoMundim

Ok, but what happen if I don't know how big the letter will be? it can be one page or one hundred.

is there a way that the field is streachable  and as I write  it continue stratcing to the next page?

thanks for you message

• 3. Re: Multiple page record!
              TSGal

Thiago Mundim:

Whatever displays on the screen is what will print.  If the field is sized for ten lines, and you have twenty lines of text, only the first ten lines will appear.

Make the field large, and while still in Layout mode, pull down the Format menu and select "Set Sliding/Printing..."  Select the box for "Sliding up based on" - "All Above", and also check the box to reduce the size of the enclosing part.  That way, if you have only one line, all the blank space below will slide up.  If the text field goes to a second page, it will then print a second page.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.