2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2012 1:11 PM by Sorbsbuster

Multiple portals in a layout

Kirk_1

Title

Multiple portals in a layout

I have 2 portals in a layout.

I need my script to go to a specific portal.

I "told" it to go to the first filed with in the portal row, then "told" it to go to portal row, first...

The script consistently goes to the 2nd portal. How do i specify a portal?

I can name the portal and say go to object but isn't that the exact same thing as go to field with in the portal?

• 1. Re: Multiple portals in a layout
          philmodjunk

I can name the portal and say go to object but isn't that the exact same thing as go to field with in the portal?

No it is not, as the name is added to the layout object (which happens to be a portal here) via the name box in the inspector.

That said, go to field Should put the focus on the correct portal, if the field specified only appears in that one portal. If the same field exists in both portals or is located somewhere else on the layout, you may get the focus in a different copy of the same field.

Also, an OnObjectEnter script trigger could be tripped by your go to field step and this could change the focus to somwhere else on your layout. Depending on where your focus is when the script is performed, other triggers on your layout might be tripped by your script.

• 2. Re: Multiple portals in a layout
            Sorbsbuster

If you name the portal object as 'MyPortal', and you have a script that is:

Go To Object ["MyPortal"]
                 Go to portal row [First]

are you saying that it doesn't stop at the first row of the correct portal?