5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2012 11:19 PM by dsr1

Multiple Portals using same relationship and different filters

dsr1

Title

Multiple Portals using same relationship and different filters

Hi,

I am having problems getting my second and third portals to filter correctly. They use the same Relationship (SameTable to SameTable).

The purpose of the portal / button is to select and display the appropriate record as shown in the portal. The Leads portal works correctly, but I can't get the other two to display the correct records.

Any clues?

Screen19Jan2012.jpg

• 1. Re: Multiple Portals using same relationship and different filters
          philmodjunk

It would help to spell out exactly what the relationship is and the three specific portal filter expressions.

When you say they "don't filter correctly" exactly what is happening?

Are they not updating in a timely fashion or at all?

Do they display the wrong records?

Do they fail to display any records?

• 2. Re: Multiple Portals using same relationship and different filters
            dsr1

Thanks Phil,

The Relationship is a simple numeric field carrying zero and linked to itself.

Works fine for the Leads portal.

It's Filter is:

${Quote::anyField X AllQuote::anyField}::QStat = "Lead"

Quote Filters is:

${Quote::anyField X AllQuote::anyField}::QStat = "Quote"

Wip Filter is:

${Quote::anyField X AllQuote::anyField}::QStat = "Wip"

The buttons function correctly, but I can't get "Quotes" or "Wip" records to display in the other two portals.

It's only a tiny database, I can send it if you wish.

Peter

• 3. Re: Multiple Portals using same relationship and different filters
              philmodjunk

The Relationship is a simple numeric field carrying zero and linked to itself.

That seems to conflict with the name you show in your portal filter expression: Quote::anyField X AllQuote::anyField

the first sentence suggests that you have:

Quote::zerofield = ${Quote::anyField X AllQuote::anyField}::zerofield

Makes for confusing naming conventions here... care to upload a screen shot of Manage | Database | relationships so we can see what you really have here?

I see one record, "smith" that appears in all 3 portals. Yet smith shows as "Lead" in the rest of the layout. Am I interpreting your screen shot correctly?

What data type is QStat? How is it formatted on your screen? Might it be a checkbox group formatted field?

• 4. Re: Multiple Portals using same relationship and different filters
                dsr1

Thanks Phil,

Yes my naming convention is not up to speed. I have been playing with this database just to see what I can do with the user interface. I am about 60% through the Training Series.

You are correct Smith should only show on the Leads portal. There are other records that match the filter criteria of the other two portals.

The Qstat field is a text field with the Auto enter value of "Lead". I did have this field represented in the layout with a series of radio buttons. these have since been deleted. Could there be some legacy I have yet to rectify?

Regards

Peter

• 5. Re: Multiple Portals using same relationship and different filters
                  dsr1

Hi Phil,

I just created a new database and everything works pefectly.

The issue must have been a legacy to all the mess I have been making while experimenting.

Thanks for your help.