AnsweredAssumed Answered

Multiple portals/relationships to same table off different key fields...how to display related...

Question asked by CharlesDestrempes on Jan 21, 2013
Latest reply on Jan 21, 2013 by CharlesDestrempes

Title

Multiple portals/relationships to same table off different key fields...how to display related records?

I've tried a couple of different things and not found how I'm suppose to set up so that the following will display appropriate related records.

Table 1: Applications

Table 2: Employees

Applications have an employee perform an interview and reference check.  I created two fields (InterviewerID and RefCheckerID) in Applications and related them to EmployeeID in the employee table.

I want to be able to do the following:

In applications display additional information about the employee (e.g. a portal/related fields) for *both* the Interviewer and the Reference Checker.  Within the employee table I want to have two portals; one lists records where the employee was the interviewer (Application::InterviewerID = EmployeeID) and one where the employee was the Reference Checker (ApplicationID::RefCheckerID = EmployeeID).

I've tried a couple of different things (difference instances in the relationship graph, applying a filter on to the portal, etc.) however I have not found a way to make the related records display when InterviewerID and RefCheckerID are both related over to EmployeeID - individual each works fine, together I get blank displays.

How do I "tell" the portal or related field to relate based on a specific "starting" field for that particular view?

Outcomes