AnsweredAssumed Answered

Multiple Survey Database for a Beginner

Question asked by BG_1 on Apr 22, 2011
Latest reply on May 27, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Multiple Survey Database for a Beginner

Hello all,

I have recently created several separate databases, each centered on a particular survey/test.  However, what I really need is a multiple survey database, but I'm not really sure how to go about it.  I have done some planning/research before starting, and here is what I've come up with:

Surveys <Survey ID> Questions < Question ID> Responses <User ID> Subjects

Would this be a logical way to go about it?  I found a "How to" article for creating a survey database, but it was for Filemaker 3.X and didn't use a structure that made sense to me.  

The intent, in the end, would be for me to be able to input a User ID, and I will see all the tests they have done.  Also, I would like to be able to analyze averages scores and the like. 

Also, am I correct in assuming that you would only have 4 records in the Survey table, assuming there were 4 different surveys that could be taken?

Furthermore, what will actually go into the Survey table when all the questions will be in the Questions table (1 record for every question/survey combination)?

Once again, thanks for the help!

P.S.  Although I could attempt to merge the databases I have already made, I don't think it would be worth it.  Each database I've made has been different, as I have been learning more logical ways to structure my database and analyze my data.

Outcomes