Shouldn't happen unless you are both modifying the same record. The "common" record isn't always obvious. You may be triggering this due to editing different related records from the same parent record as defined by what record your current layout refers to.
I think its the Survey ID field in this case we may need to see the relationship graph.
I updated the screenshot above w/ the relationships graph. I think it must be something in the response code table because it's when trying to code responses but I"m not sure.
What table occurance is the portal displaying from
I think your Xref links to GBL_Code Response may be causing the issue.
I think that might have worked. We will test it out and let you know if it doesn't.
I deleted the link mentioned above, but we still aren't able to both modify the code values at the same time even on different questions and respondents. Any other suggestions?
would it be possible to share your file this has me very puzzled.
what is the fieldname in your coding portal and what table occurance is it from
double click on it in layout mode
Here is the databse:
Let me know if you need to see more. I did all the tables but not all the layouts.
The Field name is GBLCodeResponses::Response Codes.
I think the issue may be the GDK table
We may need to create a new layout based simply on the GDK table and each user would have thier own record in that table that may be what is needed.
rather than explain on the thread Ill work on my demo database to make it match what should be happening in yours and post it for you.
Then you can make the changes to yours.
Sounds great! Thanks!
My high maintenance coding team also wants to know if there is a way to highlight the Question that we are working on - so the Question in the first portal would be highlighted or something if it is the one selected. Is this possible?
Ok Im going to explain the switch we are going to make and some of the changes we need to make as a result. As a precaution make a duplicate of your Survey layout and we will change that layout.
Once you have your copy of the layout. Enter the layout setup and change the table from Surveys to the GDK table
In manage database we are going to add a new field called UserID its a text field and not set to global storage.
Remove the OnRecordLoad script trigger. (just uncheck the box)
We are going to create a new script and attach it to the OnLayoutLoad script trigger for this layout.
The functions of this script (I dont have the time at the moment to get the exact code) are:
Show all records
Go to Record (first)
Set Variable [$n;Value:0]
Set Variable [$fc;Value:Get(FoundCount)]
Set Variable [$n;Value:$n+1]
If [GDK::Userid = Get(Accountname)]
Show Omitted Only
Enter Find Mode
Set field (GDK::UserID; Get(Accountname)]
Perform Script [Set main globals] //this is the script that will replace your on record load script
Exit Loop If [$n>$fc]
If [$n> $f]
Set Field [GDK::UserID; Get (Accountname)
Perform Script (Set main globals)
This script will find their GDK record if they have coded before or create a new one if they have not.
The new set main globals is a script that just needs to clear all the global fields to start and set the GDK_Survey ID one to the value of the _pk in the Surveys table (when you have more surveys you can make this a drop down list)
Since your GDK table is related to nearly everything already you shouldnt have to change anything on your layout
This should resolve your record locking problem
I may not be able to get to loading a demo for a while but I can answer questions on this if you have them.