2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2013 2:07 PM by cosmo

Multiple Users not able to use drop down list

cosmo

Title

Multiple Users not able to use drop down list

I seem to be having problems with multiple people using the main page to direct them to differnt forms. Since there are a number of forms, some have buttons (i.e., Main Job Ticket, Book Job Ticket, etc.) and others have been combined in a drop down lists with a trigger script directing them to the form selected (i.e., Print Quote, Print Instructions Course Print Instructions, etc.)

When one person is using the drop down, another person is not able to use the same drop down.

I would like to keep the main menu up for each person vs. closing the window when the form appears. Is there a way to work around this?

Thank you.

Screen_Shot_2013-02-19_at_3.45.20_PM.png

• 1. Re: Multiple Users not able to use drop down list
          philmodjunk

Is the field formatted with the drop down a global field?

If not, make it a global field.

If that still does not prevent "edit locks", give each user a different record on this layout.

OnLayoutEnter could create a new record.

OnLayoutExit could delete this record.

This assumes that you use a table for this layout where no significant data is stored, you may need to set up your layout to be based on a new table before you can make this work.

Or you can create one record for each account name and have your start up script perform a find for the record that is labeled with the user's account name.

• 2. Re: Multiple Users not able to use drop down list
            cosmo

Global Field did the trick!

Thank you so very very much.