5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2015 2:09 PM by Trackfrc

Multiple value lists

Trackfrc

Title

Multiple value lists

Hello,

I have a form layout with 4 drop down boxes to show items from 4 fields that are in the same table.                  This is in FileMaker Pro 11.

Instead of using the actual field names, I will call the field names A, B, C, D.

Fields A, B, C, D all have duplicate entries. They are all text fields with 'indexed, Unique, Allow override'.          They are all part number fields and the entries could include numbers, letters, forward and reverse slashes, dashes.

I want to find the items from D field based on user selections of respective items from A, B, C.

A drop down box will list all items from the A field. User will select 1 item.

B will list items from the B field that depend on the item selected in A. User will select 1 item.

C will list items from the C field that depend on the item selected in A and depend on the item selected in B. User will select 1 item.

D will list items from the D field that depend on the item selected in A and depend on the item selected in B and depend on the item selected in C.

I appreciate your help on this.

Thank You