5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2011 4:23 PM by philmodjunk

Multiple WEB pages with in one Web viewer

VanceMorrison

Title

Multiple WEB pages with in one Web viewer

Hello All,

IN my layout I have a webviewer which gets its URL from another table Field. How can I cycle to diffrent records and display other URls with in the same layout webviewer kinda like a slide show ..Example ..

Webviewer shows client A web page pause for 20 sec and then clear and display Client B"s Web page for 20 sec and then clear and go to Client R's and display ect...but I want to stay on the same page ..

Can this be done In FileMaker pro10 .. 

Thank you,

FM10 Windows 7

• 1. Re: Multiple WEB pages with in one Web viewer
          philmodjunk

One way is to put the page's URL in a text field in the table. Then set the web viewer to get it's URL from this text field. When you switch from record to record, the layout's web viewer will change to show the web site pointed to by the new record's URL.

• 2. Re: Multiple WEB pages with in one Web viewer
            VanceMorrison

Thank you phil ...

But I want to cycle between diffrent clients like 

customer Id 5  Display web

Pause for 20 sec

Clear

Customer id 28  Display web

Pause for 20 sec

clear

Customer id 30 Display web

Pause for 20 sec

clear

and so on...

I have the Web viewer looking at a field which is in customer table

Each customer has an Id ...

Is this possible?????

I want it to change with no interaction .. Like a slide show ..

• 3. Re: Multiple WEB pages with in one Web viewer
              philmodjunk

A script such as:

Loop
                 Go To Record/request/page [first]
                 Loop
                    Pause/Resume [Seconds: 20]
                    Go To record/request/page [next ; Exit after last]
                 End Loop
              End Loop

Note that this is an endless loop. The Pause/Resume will display two buttons: continue and Cancel in the status area. Clicking cancel will halt this script. You can also set up any buttons on this layout to use Halt script to end this loop as well.

It's also possible to use a random number to jump from record to record in a pseudo-random order.

• 4. Re: Multiple WEB pages with in one Web viewer
                VanceMorrison

How do i assign a script with in web viewer ..

Say .. 

on my home layout screen I have a various frames and infomation and I have a large web viewer that is on the layout ..I want my users to see 10 websites that loop with a 20 sec delay between them in just the same web viewer .. the web viewer is interactive so if the user see a web page that they want to see they can click on that page and it will carry them to another layout .. so can I place a script with in web viewer ..

Would a onobject enter trigger work for this

• 5. Re: Multiple WEB pages with in one Web viewer
                  philmodjunk

Use button set up to turn the web viewer into a button. Create a script that uses the information in the current record to determine the correct layout and record to which to take them. In button setup... set the web viewer to perform this script and select "Halt" in the current script drop down to halt the infinitely looping script I posted an example of earlier.