1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 6, 2012 2:50 PM by philmodjunk

Narrowing a portal content

bvondeylen

Title

Narrowing a portal content

I cannot remember how to narrow a portal contents.

I have a portal that displays student name, school year, school, grade

I would like to have some global fields for school year, school, grade

If the user select a school year, all students active in that school year would display

If the user then select a school (along with school year), only students in that school year AND school would display

If the user then selects a grade leve (along with school year and school) only those students active in that school year at that school in that grade level would display.

I have a relationship between my Global Table and Student Table matching the 3 fields, but that requires all 3 global fields to be filled in to work (otherwise nothing displays in the portal).

Any quick help would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Narrowing a portal content
          philmodjunk

If your are using Filemaker 11 or newer, you can use the cartesian join operator in your relationship to match to all students and then use a portal filter expression referencing your global fields to filter the portal according to the values in those global fields.