5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2014 3:45 PM by philmodjunk

Navigate to same field in next portal row?

danrowe

Title

Navigate to same field in next portal row?

Hi,

Can I set or is there a short cut key to go to the same field in the next portal row? same as enter when using excel, I am using Filemaker pro 13.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Navigate to same field in next portal row?
          philmodjunk

By Setting up the OnObjectKeystroke trigger on each of the fields in the portal row, you could use a script to make the row change that you want.

• 2. Re: Navigate to same field in next portal row?
            danrowe

Hi

I've just worked that bit out can you help with the script?

• 3. Re: Navigate to same field in next portal row?
              philmodjunk

If [ Code ( Get ( TriggerKeystroke ) ) = 13 // Return key (qwerty enter) ]
                  Set Variable [ $Row; Value:Get ( ActivePortalRowNumber ) ]
                  Commit Records/Requests
                  Go to Portal Row [ $Row + 1 ] [ No dialog ]
                  Go to Object [ Object Name: Get ( ScriptParameter ) ]
                  Exit Script [ Result: False ]
              End If

Notes:

You have to select each field in the portal row that you will set up with this script trigger and use the name box in the Inspector to give it a unique object name so that Go to Object in the above script can put the cursor into the correct field. You then, right click the field, select the OnObjectEnter script trigger, specify this same object name as the script parameter (copy and paste it from the Inspector) and set the trigger to perform the above script.

• 4. Re: Navigate to same field in next portal row?
                danrowe

Thanks Phil,

I have since found quite a simple solution to my issue;

If [ Code ( Get ( TriggerKeystroke ) ) = 13 )

Go to portal row next [Next]

End If

I've then assigned this to the layout keystroke trigger it then works of all the portals on the layout ok if you don't need enter for anything else?

• 5. Re: Navigate to same field in next portal row?
                  philmodjunk

I had that code originally, but found that if I was adding a new record via the portal, it wouldn't work. I had to commit records first and that then necessitated the additional code to get back on the correct portal row and the correct field within that row.

So that simpler solution should work if you haven't enabled "allow creation of records via this relationship".