3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2013 6:26 AM by philmodjunk

Navigation field button with images

JohnDee

Title

Navigation field button with images

Hi all. 

I have a navigation button with a dropdown list that takes the user to the selected layout. Is it possible to use images in the interface via two or more concatenated fields in the form of ImageContainerGlobalField & NavigationListField

• 1. Re: Navigation field button with images
          philmodjunk

Drop downs can only display text, not images. You could, however, pop up a list view in a small dialog box type window with a clickable list that includes images or you can use a portal to get a list of clickable items that include images.

• 2. Re: Navigation field button with images
            JohnDee

My mistake, I meant to say I use a pop up. So how do I incorporate an image in a list? I cannot concatenate an image container field say with another, that I know for sure it's a limitation of fm. 

• 3. Re: Navigation field button with images
              philmodjunk

I'm not talking about a pop up menu here but a completely different layout that you display in a small window opened with the new window command. You'd use either a list view or a portal on that layout to produce your list and you'd just add the images to the body or portal row to show the image associated with each item.

All the fields in the row can be converted into a button using Button Setup... and then the mouse click can perform a script that copies the ID for the record clicked into a variable, closes the window and then set field can copy the value from the variable to a field in the table of your original window's layout.