2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2013 1:32 PM by IT_User

need a solution quick :)

ryandunne_1

Title

need a solution quick :)

right basicly i have a major problem with exporting to csv i need the first field to not contain double colons but the rest need to for instance

"ADD WHS","SERVICE1","NP"," Heather Woodward","","13 Dairy Ground","Kings Sutton","Banbury","OX17 3QB","","15020237","1","250","P","","slimmingworld13@yahoo.co.uk","EML"

needs to turn into

ADD WHS
           "SERVICE1","NP"," Heather Woodward","","13 Dairy Ground","Kings Sutton","Banbury","OX17 3QB","","15020237","1","250","P","","slimmingworld13@yahoo.co.uk","EML"

i also need to generate a text file alongside

im working on windows and i know this is possible in mac with applescripts but what can i do with windows?? cheers

ryan

• 2. Re: need a solution quick :)
          IT_User

If you have those things in different fields and are combining them, then just use concatenation like DaveAnders said.

Otherwise if you have one field with all things then continue:

You can get the first value (into separate field) like this:

Substitute ( GetValue ( Substitute ( text ; "," ; ¶ ) ; 1 ) ; "\"" ; "" )

and then concatenate the two fields like:

field1 & ¶ & field2

However, if you have a lot of records that need to do this, it might slow things down.  What the first calculation is to created a delimited list of all things in quotes, then gets the first item, and then removes the quotes.

You can also use something with the Replace function:

Firs the first quote: Replace ( text ; 1 ; 1 ; "" )
               For the second quote: Replace ( text ; Position ( text ; "\"," ; 2 ; 1 ) ; 1 ; "¶" )