AnsweredAssumed Answered

Need a touch of tutoring on a specific task, related, relational, whatever.

Question asked by rkevwill on Nov 15, 2011
Latest reply on Nov 22, 2011 by rkevwill

Title

Need a touch of tutoring on a specific task, related, relational, whatever.

Having used flemaker years ago, extensively, I understand the concepts, but over the years have lost my understanding of certain terminologies, along with all the improvements. If I can get this one next item explained to me, I'm confident I can run with it from here.

Ok, I have a complete contact DB set up, with all names, addresses, etc. I think I need a separate file, or DB for my next step. I want to make a button, to bring up a "contact form" that shows The name, phone number from the Contact DB, & a date for contact, and the reason for contact. And then be able to search on the contact date, for "today's contact." To clarify, when I click a button, the name and phone number is pasted to the new form, and there is a contact date field for me to fill out, and a text field to say why I am contacting. The button thing I've already figured out, but creating the new "form, or table, or whatever I need" is what I'm stuck with.

Because of the change in terminology, I just don't know where to start. Under the OLD filemaker, I would just have a separate file, and one would look to another. I am getting a bit confused between the terms related tables and files.

If I can just get headed into the right direction, even in the help files, that would be good.

Outcomes