AnsweredAssumed Answered

Need advice how to setup trainer database

Question asked by MarkRiddle on Dec 11, 2012
Latest reply on Dec 17, 2012 by philmodjunk

Title

Need advice how to setup trainer database

I work with about 55 different trainers that each train different topics (some train more than 1 topic).

I need to set up a trainer's roster database that will allow me to print a roster list that will be divided by topic and will list each trainer who trains THAT topic.

I've tried a test database that had each trainer as a single entry, with a repeating field so I could select the multiple topics they train.  That didn't seem to work when I went to do a roster report.  It sorted and grouped pretty well, except when a trainer did multiple topics, they only showed up under one topic and did not repeat on the report.

Is there an easier way to do this?  I need to have detailed information about each trainer, in addition to which topics they train.  There are up to 7 topics.  Some trainers train up to 5 different topics.

How can I effeciently set up a database that will allow me to create a roster that is subdivided up by the topics.  In other words, I want a report with subheaders that are the topics and each trainer that does that topic under it, and then on to the next topic title and so on.

Thank you all for you help!!!

Outcomes