AnsweredAssumed Answered

Need Checkbox Functionality With Invisible Text

Question asked by illumine on Oct 29, 2009
Latest reply on Oct 31, 2009 by raybaudi

Title

Need Checkbox Functionality With Invisible Text

Checkboxes scripted to work like a radio button (i.e. only one checkbox can be selected from four possible) will satisfy my specific layout need but I don't want the accompanying text from the value list to be visible next to each box.  I am overlaying the checkbox field on top of a graphic created in a separate graphics application which is then imported to the FileMaker layout in question and the standard checkbox with visible values doesn't work and confuses the visual cues I am trying to establish. (for image of layout go the this URL <http://homepage.mac.com/bee13/Sites/TempSite/index.html>).

QUESTION 1: Can a checkbox field with multiple associated values be made to show the boxes but not the accompanying value?

QUESTION 2: If the answer to question 1 is "no," then does a technique exist to manipulate a checkbox field to work in the manner I am looking for?

QUESTION 3: If the answer to question 2 is "no," then what's the best way to create an array of checkboxes with no visible accompanying value text that behave like radio buttons?  My guess is that this will take separate and distinct checkboxes for each element of the checkbox array and a script that runs the lot with lots of "if, then, else if" steps.

Any clues for the most elegant way to do this?  Thanks. 

Outcomes