1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 14, 2010 2:22 PM by philmodjunk

Need Help

grocha

Title

Need Help

Im new at this awesome software. I created forms and applications and closeouts i needed for my database. Now how do i go about creating a home page were i can access all these items i created. Is it like web design were u create say a tab and u link it to a form created? Also i am creating a trouble ticket system. So i created the ticket part of it how do i go about making it appear as a list of open tickets?

• 1. Re: Need Help
          philmodjunk

"...how do i go about creating a home page were i can access all these items?"

You can create as many layouts in a filemaker file as you need. Simply create a new, blank, form view layout and place buttons on this layout setup to at least use Go To Layout to take the viewer to the desired layout. (In some cases you might write a script that performs more operations than just go to layout. It depends on the design of your database.)

"So i created the ticket part of it how do i go about making it appear as a list of open tickets?"

A lot depends on the design of your database and what you need to do with this list of open tickets and you haven't told us any of that. In general terms, you can either set up a script that performs a find that finds all open tickets or you might choose to display your list of open tickets in a portal that uses a filtering expression (filemaker 11) or a filtering pair of additional fields (older versions) to just list open tickets.

If tickets "belong" to a specific user, each approach can be refined to use additional information to list just the relevant "open ticket" records.