1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 11, 2014 10:51 PM by philmodjunk

Need help  : sub-summary on IWP

hwachai

Title

Need help  : sub-summary on IWP

Currently I m using sort selection drop down menu (trigger) to sort my report with different kind of segments, by month, by year, by customer, by user and by product. Each segment give me the different total on sub-summary column.

When i m put this thing on filemaker 12 server or using instant web publishing, this sub-summary ain't working. And worst thing my boss insist for this function, because he can present our record/business to management anytime anywhere when they asking....

By any chances someone can share with me your work around idea?

Really appreciate....

Thanks

hwachai

• 1. Re: Need help  : sub-summary on IWP
          philmodjunk

Summary reports with Sub Summary layout parts are not supported by IWP. Upgrading to WebDirect is one option.

Another option that may serve is to set up a related table where you have one record for each sub summary group. You'll probably need to use a script to create those related records, but once you have them, aggregate functions like sum and count can compute the same totals for your groups of records being subtotaled with your sub summary layout part.

And even more elaborate option is to use a script that copies the data to a different table, adding a "sub head" record for each group where data fields are updated with the aggregate data that you want to show in your report.