AnsweredAssumed Answered

Need help breaking away from Excel

Question asked by Lust4Kicks_1 on Nov 25, 2008
Latest reply on Nov 26, 2008 by Kundinger

Title

Need help breaking away from Excel

Hello...

I have tried many different designs to make this work, and nothing seems to fit, so I'm hoping someone here can push me in the right direction.

The client is a newspaper distributor, who employs carriers to deliver "x" amount of papers each night. The "payroll draw" runs from the 1st - 15th & 16th - 30th or 31st, depending on the month. Carriers are paid from the total papers thrown twice a month.

For example, an assistant, simply plugs in numbers across this spreadsheet until the 15th, where each day is tallied (summed) and then a new spreadsheet has to be made for the following 16th thru 30th (or 31st).

This method works as long as a new worksheet is created for the assistant, however, for the client to be able to look back in time for whatever information, he must sort thru a whole bunch of archived worksheets, etc.

I would like to create better method in FM, where this data can be plugged in and compiled without having to recreate a new excel worksheet, and whenever the client wishes to produce a bi-weekly summary, all he has to do is simply select a date range and it will give him all the throws from each carrier, etc.

Can anyone lend a clue?

Outcomes