AnsweredAssumed Answered

Need Help creating a Database to keep track of an inventory of art works for artist

Question asked by MattMar on Jun 8, 2015
Latest reply on Jun 8, 2015 by SteveMartino

Title

Need Help creating a Database to keep track of an inventory of art works for artist

Hi FM forums,

I am new to FM and the creation of Databases.  I am trying to create a way database to help manage track and list all the work produced by an artist for his records.  There are 6 major bodies of work [Project].  Each has 20 or more photographs.  Each photograph is printed in edition sets.  Sometimes the image has more than one edition set based on the print size of the photograph. { #4 8x10  has 8 editions, #4 18x24 has 3 editions (prints)}. We want to keep track of who each print was sold to as well as relevant info for reference in the future.  The main goal is to have a page that prints that we can look at 1 image and have all relevant data associated with that image to appear with it. So if we look at the image titled #4 we see that there are 2 sets, all of the prints in each set and all of the sales and info on it.  

I am not sure if the best way to make this work is to make a separate database for each project with tables for each edition set?  

What i have now is 1 database with all works and projects listed with all the info i want in one place. I am just curious if there are any suggestions on how to make this work better.   Or any examples of this kind of database for artists and their studios. Any help is appreciated .

Screen_Shot_2015-06-08_at_3.23.12_PM.png

Outcomes