AnsweredAssumed Answered

Need help creating a new record and carrying over two fields

Question asked by trialuser1111 on Sep 15, 2009
Latest reply on Nov 6, 2009 by philmodjunk

Title

Need help creating a new record and carrying over two fields

Let me see if I can explain this succinctly: We track client meetings by contact, which aggregates to track client meetings by the firms that these contacts work for.  The "Firm Data" table is related to "Meeting History" and "Contacts" via CompanyID.  I've successfully set up the layouts and scripts to have a pop-up window for people to enter a new meeting for a firm (they enter the contact name and meeting details), but I would like to set up a similar window for people to enter meetings for a contact (where the name is already filled in and they just need to enter the meeting details) and I can't figure out how to carry forward the two fields (CompanyID and Contact Name).

Here are the steps for the Add New Meeting (Firm Version) script:

Commit Records

Copy [Select ; Firm Data::CompanyID]

New Window ["Add New Meeting"]

Go to Layout ['Add Meeting" (Meeting History)]

New Record

Paste [Select ; Meeting History::CompanyID]

Go to Field [Meeting History::Name]

I don't have the scripting skills to tell FileMaker to reference the fields in the background window, or to copy and paste two fields at once.

FYI, the above script is triggered by a button on my Firm Data layout, and I would like to get the Add New Meeting (Contact Version) script be based off the Contact Profile layout.

Outcomes