0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2010 5:47 AM by Mikygal

Need Help creating list of entrys based on mi original data base

Mikygal

Title

Need Help creating list of entrys based on mi original data base

<!-- [if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument>   <w:View>Normal</w:View>   <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>   <w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone>   <w:PunctuationKerning/>   <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>   <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>   <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent>   <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>   <w:Compatibility>    <w:BreakWrappedTables/>    <w:SnapToGridInCell/>    <w:WrapTextWithPunct/>    <w:UseAsianBreakRules/>    <w:DontGrowAutofit/>   </w:Compatibility>   <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif] --><!-- [if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif] --><!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal      {mso-style-parent:"";      margin:0cm;      margin-bottom:.0001pt;      mso-pagination:widow-orphan;      font-size:12.0pt;      font-family:"Times New Roman";      mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1      {size:595.3pt 841.9pt;      margin:70.85pt 3.0cm 70.85pt 3.0cm;      mso-header-margin:35.4pt;      mso-footer-margin:35.4pt;      mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1      {page:Section1;} --><!-- [if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable      {mso-style-name:"Tabla normal";      mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;      mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;      mso-style-noshow:yes;      mso-style-parent:"";      mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;      mso-para-margin:0cm;      mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;      mso-pagination:widow-orphan;      font-size:10.0pt;      font-family:"Times New Roman";      mso-ansi-language:#0400;      mso-fareast-language:#0400;      mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif] -->

Greatings I'am working  whit Filemaker Pro 10 Advance under WinXP, i'am trying to create  a data base to manage and art colection, of about 5600 pices, the  entire estructure of de field it's completed, but i need to find a way to mark or select a registry and transformit into a list, because its colecctión from a museo i need to be able to  creat list of pices just by markin a box or a buton, for example, if  the curartor (who develop an exposition) its workin on a list of pieces, he should get into the data base and click in a buton on every paint that he want to include on a given exposition, and the file maker should create a list whit the data of the paint that he selected. Thats its what i need to do, but i try diferent things and nothing work i  a new user of this program so i really need help.  

Also i wanted if its posibly to have  the  option that, if i create a list of paints for an exposición(in the way i explain before),  lets say it's called  "XX century painter"  i could make that all of the paint that i exported or copy from the main data base, register a new  exposition i n wich there are been envolve, wich mean that on the field "Exposition"(whic i create already) of all the paints that were selected will had to have now  "XX Century Painters" automatically  added just by the fact that there were selected by click on a button

i hope my english wasn't  soo bad and someone could know the solution to my problem, tanks for reading