1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 17, 2013 7:32 AM by philmodjunk

Need help in creating a Notes field with date time stamp

VijayDeodhar

Title

Need help in creating a Notes field with date time stamp

I am totally new to Filemaker Pro CRM.  I want to transition from using ACT! CRM to Filemaker.  I would like to find out how to create a Notes field which would have two capabilities as follows.

1.                     Date time stamp that will automatically be generated
      3.                     The inbound or outboud emails that can either automatically or mannualy get linked to or added under contact notes as history.

I am not an IT person.  So, I would greatly appreciate any help in accomplishing this in simple language or instructions.

Thanks so much in anticipation...

• 1. Re: Need help in creating a Notes field with date time stamp
          philmodjunk

1) Look up "portal" in FileMaker help and any training materials that you have. A portal to a notes table can be set up with two fields--one for the Notes text and one that auto-enters the timestamp, the date and time, that the related Note record was added in the portal. This can provide and endless list of notes entries associated with a given contact and each will be automatically timestamped when the note was added.

If you want, the portal can be configured so that the most recent note is listed first in the portal.

2) That one is a bit vague as to exactly what you have in mind and FileMaker can send emails, but cannot automatically receive emails, but you may find that is possible with use of an Email Plugin supplied by a third party developer.