1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 30, 2015 6:51 AM by philmodjunk

Need help in Sliding Objects

TattwamDholakia

Title

Need help in Sliding Objects

Hello

I've added several text fields in Body part of the Layout. I want to slide up based on its contents. 

When it shifts up, I can see its borders which is not looking nice at all. I've attached screenshot for reference.

Is there any solution that I can see complete border not like as per attached photo.

Thanks

download.jpeg

• 1. Re: Need help in Sliding Objects
          philmodjunk

Borders don't work with sliding objects as you have found. The simplest compromise is to remove the borders and put a horizontal line in place of the bottom border, set to slide up and resitze the enclosing part just like your fields. This doesn't give you side borders--that doesn't really work well, but does give you side borders.

Vertical lines that extend into the next part down (Footer or grand summary layout part) by a single pixel can be used as side borders--at least that worked in v12--haven't tried it recently and the exact method that works changes with the version of filemaker. But even when it works, that extra pixel produces a less than perfect result in the look of your report.

Key facts about sliding layout objects:

1. It's only visible in preview mode and when you print/save as PDF...
          3. Sliding fields will shrink but not expand.
          5. All layout objects below and in the same layout part as the slide/resize field need to also be set to slide up and resize.
          7. Objects in headers and footers will not slide.
          9. Portals will shrink/slide to fit the number of rows of records, but fields within the portal row will not shrink/slide.
          11. Fields will slide up only if Top alignment is specified for it and will slide left only if Left alignment is specified.
          13. Consistent side borders are difficult to achieve with sliding fields.
          15. In FMP13, hidden objects (”Hide object when”) will slide/resize.