2 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2010 10:32 AM by wpaxt

Need Help Opening Database

wpaxt

Title

Need Help Opening Database

I have FP8 at work and am trying to open a database created in FP7.  Normally this is not a problem.  However, the database was provided to me on a CD and when I open it and click on the database I am brought to the account name/word screen and it is there that I stall.  I have the password but was not provided an account  name.  I have tried leaving the account name field blank but this did not work.  Also, the disc does not grant guest privilages.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can open the file?

Thanks.

Bill

• 1. Re: Need Help Opening Database
          philmodjunk

Have you tried "Admin"? Your stuck with guessing here unless you can get the sender to tell you the account name. Admin is built in default account name so a lot of developers just assign a password to admin and use it as their full access account/password.

If this solution was from an older version than 7, I'd suggest entering the password in both the account name and password boxes...

• 2. Re: Need Help Opening Database
            wpaxt

Yeah, tried that & also the password in both boxes.  Still locked out.  Thanks for verifying that I've done all I can.  I have a call into the person who created the CD so hopefully they will get back to me with the info.

Bill