AnsweredAssumed Answered

Need help setting up relationships in starter solution and tables

Question asked by DanielKnott on Aug 8, 2014
Latest reply on Aug 15, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

Need help setting up relationships in starter solution and tables

Hi everyone, I've been working on a setup for my company to aide in interoffice communication and task management via Filemaker, though I'm a novice on the program so I apologize ahead of time. Anyway, I've gotten the hang of using the Tasks starter solution and then customizing it from there, but I've begun pulling in data from our Excel workbooks into tables on Filemaker and I've hit a bit of a snag at this point and would love some assistance. The short version of it is that I've set up pop-up menus, on the task manager interface, for Company and Contact, and ultimately what I need to be able to do is to only pull up the contacts from the selected company (company and contact information is in an Excel database, that I have yet to import into a table on my new FM project). If I need to make two tables and import the data twice I can, I'm just at a mental loop figuring out what I need to do to be able to accomplish that. If there is more information required please let me know and thank you very much. 

I've included an image with a mock company set up to illustrate what I'm trying to do. Thank you. 

Capture-1.PNG

Outcomes