2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2015 10:12 PM by BillAlden_1

Need help to create repeating blank fields on a page

BillAlden_1

Title

Need help to create repeating blank fields on a page

I have created a template with a page that I need to use to track the 5 tenants in my retail strip I manage.  other programs are so complicated I am making it as simple as can be. What I want it to do is allow me to use it like a checkbook ledger where it keeps the current data for the past month but I can create a new line that is blank so I can put the current month info in it.  I don't want to have to clear the fields each month so I lose that data.  I want to be able to keep all data for each month.  It looks something like this where I can keep creating a new line with the same fields each month when I receive checks, etc...

application.jpg

• 1. Re: Need help to create repeating blank fields on a page
          philmodjunk

You are trying to add fields where you need to add more records Use a List or table view and just add a new record for each new month. Even better would be to avoid using a repeating field altogether as you gain flexibility in working with the data if your 5 repetitions for each tenant become individual as well.

• 2. Re: Need help to create repeating blank fields on a page
            BillAlden_1

Thank you for responding to my question.

Each tenant is a record in my database so I have six tenants and six records.

I want to be able to keep track of each tenants rent history each month on one page like a list or table that allows me to bring up the same fields from last month but blank ones so I can enter the news months info on the rent received, the date received, whether it was late, penalty fee, etc...

One line would have January info in it.  The next would be February and son on.

The other thing is that each tenant would have this page or table under their record.  i am sure I am not explaining this very well but I do know what I am trying to do but just need a little guidance on how to create this.