4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2012 12:28 PM by RobertSmith_2

Need help understanding this error

RobertSmith_2

Title

Need help understanding this error

So, I have two computers in my office that are having problems with Filemaker Pro 12. The program crashes automatically whether they are working in it or not, and it doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason. Below is the following error message that they get when the program crashes. If anyone out there knows what is happening, please let me know, because I have run out of ideas.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:                        APPCRASH

Application Name:                             FileMaker Pro.exe

Application Version:                           12.0.1.183

Application Timestamp:                     4f62a0d3

Fault Module Name:                          ntdll.dll

Fault Module Version:                        6.1.7601.17514

Fault Module Timestamp:                  4ce7ba58

Exception Code:                                  c0150010

Exception Offset:                                0008477b

OS Version:                                          6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4

Locale ID:                                             1033

Additional Information 1:                  9a2a

Additional Information 2:                  9a2a9d57561e84bdcc15c31767eca49b

Additional Information 3:                  68bb

Additional Information 4:                  68bbdf776d1a1521033d9ac1cd9c2206

• 1. Re: Need help understanding this error
          philmodjunk

Don't know that it will help, but the info indicates that you have FileMaker 12.01 installed. The lasted version is 12.02 and you can click the downloads link above to install the updater for FileMaker 12.02.

• 2. Re: Need help understanding this error
            RobertSmith_2

Yeah, I am in the process of doing that too. The only wierd thing about it, is that everybody else has the same 12.01 version, and nobody else has this crashing problem.

• 3. Re: Need help understanding this error
              philmodjunk

Yes, I doubt that this update specifically affects this issue. My installs of FMP 12 both before and after this update rarely crashed.

However, a re-install of Filemaker might, coincidentally fix the issue.

What version of Windows is this? XP, Vista, 7 or ???

ntdll.dll

sounds like a very generic error that may be indicitive of issues with those specific computers and you may need to use some utilities to make sure that the OS, harddive, user accounts, etc. are all in good shape.

• 4. Re: Need help understanding this error
                RobertSmith_2

Those are great suggestions.  The computers in question are running Windows 7.  They are brand new computers. They were just installed last week.  I have already uninstalled and reinstalled Filemaker. But I will run the update to 12.02 and then uninstall and reinstall and see if that helps. I am also running all of the windows updates to see if that fixes any underlying issue with the computer. Hopefully that is all that needs to happen. Thanks for helping me.  I really appreciate your feedback.