2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2010 4:32 PM by J.C.

Need Help with  Checkbook Calculations on MacBook

J.C.

Title

Need Help with  Checkbook Calculations on MacBook

I am trying to convert my Checkbook from 4.0 FMP version on a PC (XP OS) to a  11.0 version on a MacBook OS X 10.5.8.  

When I opened the 4.0 version of my Checkbook with the trial version of FMP 11 on the MacBook, all the calculations came out as question marks.  I want to calculate a running balance to add deposits and deduct debits.  This is a personal database. I am an experienced FMP user, but am rusty on the calculations and formulas.  I created my checkbook program so many years ago that I can't do what I want to do on the new FMP 11 version. Thanks for your help.  :smileyhappy:

• 1. Re: Need Help with  Checkbook Calculations on MacBook
          philmodjunk

I've been using one varient or another of the same basic check register file for balancing my check book since filemaker 3. I don't know why if would fail to convert just from what you've described.

Things to try:

Run a recover on the file and see if it reports any problems in the file. Test the recovered file to see if it works. Some times one version of filemaker will tolerate file corruption that a different version does not.

Open up Manage | Database | Fields and look at the field definitions to see if anything looks out of wack. A basic running total summary field is set up just the same in FMP 11 as it was in FMP 3, you just have some new options added that weren't available back then.

• 2. Re: Need Help with  Checkbook Calculations on MacBook
            J.C.

Thank you, I'll try this and see if it works.