1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 6, 2015 5:58 AM by philmodjunk

Need help with a few tweaks

DarenShaw

Title

Need help with a few tweaks

Using File maker pro 11

Got a database that started as FM Starting point added various bit to it but I want want to add a few flashing lights etc.

When I hit the button to run the script for print letter I wold like it to populate a specific date field to show the date the letter was sent.

With the same button is it possible that when  print it asks me to select the print from a choice of 2.

printer one is a laser would like it so do not have to keep go in to properties to print T&C on rear by selecting print both sides.

Printer two is a remote printer that does not need anything as the company print letters or us and do back to back automatically.

Thanks in advance for any help rendered.

Screenshot_2015-01-06_13.08.16.png

• 1. Re: Need help with a few tweaks
          philmodjunk

Question 1: Set Field [YourTable::YourDateField ; Get ( CurrentDate ) ]

Question 2:

Set up small printer scripts that only contain print setup and print, each with different print options specified. Set up your main script with Show custom dialog and Get ( LastMessageCHoice ) to ask the user which print option they want. An If step with Get(LastMessageChoice) can use perform script to run different printer scripts depending on the value of Get (LastMessageChoice).

OR

Get a plug in such as MyFMButler in order to get scripted control of the details of your printing process.