3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2015 4:34 PM by philmodjunk

Need help with a repeating field:

YilbberVargas

Title

Need help with a repeating field:

I need to parse a repeating field by the current row it's on. Is this possible, or do i have to make a portal to make this easier?

The reasn being I want to pass the start, end to a function so that it will give me the current total for that row. I tried using the repeating function command but it gave me non usable information. What am i missing? or will i have to ditch repeating rows?

The main reason i am working with repeating rows is because I want continuous access to this information to belong to one field.

• 1. Re: Need help with a repeating field:
          philmodjunk

The main reason i am working with repeating rows is because I want continuous access to this information to belong to one field.

What does that mean? Can you provide an example? I suspect that we can do the same with a set of related records and then this get's a lot simpler to work with.

but if you refer to your field like this:

Table::Field [ Get(ActiveRepetitionNumber)]

you'll get date from the active repetition of your repeating field assuming that the cursor IS in a repetition of that field.

• 2. Re: Need help with a repeating field:
            YilbberVargas

Ok, back when I first started my table the standard calculation of end/start worked fine as a repeating value.

now that i want to use this time showing function from another "solution" I can't get it to output correctly.

it will only show the last repetition i entered and won't repeat to the other values.

i know there is a simple solution, but i am at a loss.

Let ( [ $end = GetRepetition ( END ; Get ( ActiveRepetitionNumber ) ) ; $start = GetRepetition ( Start ; Get ( ActiveRepetitionNumber)) ] ;  Round(
            Hour( $END -
            $Start ) + Minute( $END - $Start) / 60 - BREAKS;2)+
            If(
            GetAsNumber($END) < GetAsNumber($Start);
            24;
            0))

• 3. Re: Need help with a repeating field:
              philmodjunk

What I see here is exactly why I try to never use a repeating field for storing this kind of data. A series of related records where each record stores a start and an end time or timestamp value makes for much simpler calculations.

If this is a repeating calculation field, then get ( activerepetitionnumber ) is the wrong function. You want get ( CalculationRepetitionNumber ) in that case.

Can you describe exactly how you are using the above calculation?

In a script?

a calculation field?

An auto-enter calc?

or?