AnsweredAssumed Answered

Need help with a Report creation.

Question asked by DJD on Dec 4, 2009
Latest reply on Dec 4, 2009 by philmodjunk

Title

Need help with a Report creation.

To simplify my situation, I have two tables: Projects and Savings.  There are (or can be) multiple Savings per Project.  Relationship Key is Project_ID.  I'm trying to create a simple report that lists each Project and then that Project's Savings detail as follows:

Project_ID, Project_City, Project_State, Savings::Savings_Type, Savings::Savings_Amount, Savings::Savings_Description

Savings::Savings_Type, Savings::Savings_Amount, Savings::Savings_Description

Savings::Savings_Amount_Summary

As an example, if a Project has multiple Savings Types then I want the first Savings Type to list on the same line as the Project Information, then any and all subsequent Savings Types I want to list under the first line of Savings Information and then all Savings Amounts for that Project are totaled.

I have tried Sub-Summaries and Portals but I can't seem to get the information to list out properly.  I'm not sure if the Layout should use the Projects Table or the Savings Table (I've tried both) and I have tried different Sorting options.

FMPro V. 10.03

WinXP

FMPro Novice

Thank you for any and all help.

Outcomes