AnsweredAssumed Answered

Need help with adding new records in a portal

Question asked by bate01 on Jul 6, 2010
Latest reply on Jul 6, 2010 by philmodjunk

Title

Need help with adding new records in a portal

I am using FM 10 on a Mac X os.

I have a database where I need to create serial revision numbers to a course id # (course doc db) via a portal (revision db). It is a one to many relationship. It is not working the way I want it to. I need to be able to add a revision to the course id via the portal and have it give me the next serial revision number for the course id # (ex. course id # field - NP333, revsion # field 1 or 2 or 3, etc.). The course id # and revision # are two individual fields.

Ex. I have a course record that may have many revisions (NP222 rev 1,NP222 rev 2,NP222 rev 3,NP222 rev 4) then I have another course that may have 1 revision (NP333 rev 1). We need to track the history of what was done in each revision.

Also I need to get a running summary of how many hours are worked on each course and revision. Ex. NP333 rev 1 hours worked 8, NP333 rev 2 hours worked 2 = total hours worked 10. Every time I add a revision to a course I need to total the hourse worked for each revision to the course.

I hope this makes sense. I know what I want it to do, I am just having trouble getting it to work the way I need to. I am still learning.......

Outcomes