1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 23, 2013 9:23 AM by philmodjunk

Need help with creating a report in filemaker

Dennisyang

Title

Need help with creating a report in filemaker

Hi there,

I am having trouble with all these report making.

I just wondering if anyone can help me get this all together. So I have a database with all the money that I collected starting 2009 in different activities. I want to create a report that can generate the following, 

A report that shows Ending balance of each year.

It should appear like this

Soccer                       Volleyball               Basketball

2009          $50                                  $60                           $70                       (this will also be the carry over for next year)

2010          $100                                 $120                       $140                    

2011          $120                                 $140                        $40                    

This is one part of the report.

I also want another report that can show the following

Date                         Soccer                Basketball                         Baseball

01/12/2012                50

01/13/2012                                                    20

Total                            50                     20

This can easily be done in excel, but it is hard to show on filemaker the income of all different activites.

Thank you very much for your help!!!

• 1. Re: Need help with creating a report in filemaker
          philmodjunk

a cross tab report can be designed to show what you want if your data is structured to support that method. Do you have separate records for each transaction showing the dollar amount, date and category (soccer, volleyball...)?

But a report formatted like this will present you with same totals for much less effort on your part:

Soccer         50
                   VolleyBall     60
                   Basketball    70

Soccer       100
                   Volleyball   120
                   Basketball 140