AnsweredAssumed Answered

Need help with filtered Fields

Question asked by YilbberVargas on Mar 6, 2015
Latest reply on Mar 6, 2015 by YilbberVargas

Title

Need help with filtered Fields

Hello all, I am having trouble getting filemaker to behave regarding filtered Texts.

I have 4 Fields

EmployeePositions LEAD Staff and Driver

Lead is supposed to return "A1 Lead" when ever it lists A1, in the Employee position field.

It often comes in many flavors, such as "Staff A1, A1 A2, A1 Lead, L1 A1.

I tried earlier, and it worked. but when i added some more filtered texts the function broke

when i tried to include STAFF, DRIVER fields in their own fields.

I am at a loss to fix this and do not want to resort to macros when a if statement should work.

In a related question,

I have a field in another table named LEADS and it should ONLY list all the employees who have A1 LEAD in the LEAD in the LABOR table. I've already created a linked-reference table named Leads to filter out these leads, but for some reason, when i use the sort only from the table option, It shows NO fields.

How do i set this up properly. Does it need more data?- My employees are mostly referred to by their initials.

in an unrelated question, I know that there are Global variables. What kinds of Data should be global?

I am thinking things that are static, like Holidays, Overtime Calculation fields, and Yearly reports. Is there any other instance in typical project schedule "solutions" that need variables?

Outcomes