AnsweredAssumed Answered

Need help with invoicing solution

Question asked by StylisticGambit on Jul 27, 2013
Latest reply on Jul 29, 2013 by StylisticGambit

Title

Need help with invoicing solution

I need help designing an invoicing solution that is slightly different from the standard one.

1.  The INVOICES table is in a many-to-many relationship with the PRODUCT_GROUPS table.  Each invoice contains multiple product groups, and each product group can be on multiple invoices.
     2.  The PRODUCT_GROUPS table is in a many-to-many relationship with the PRODUCTS table.  Each product group contains multiple products, and each product can be in multiple product groups.

In my mind, I envision something like the following during data entry:

A.  The user visits a layout and creates a new invoice with multiple product groups on it.
     B.  The user then visits a second invoice which lists all of the corresponding products for the product groups on the first invoice, and selects quantities for each product.

Can anyone provide tips for creating a solution like this?  Here are some specific questions I have:

Will I need one or two (or three?) join tables?  (Which table occurences will I need?  What will the ERD look like?)
     How do I generate the second invoice (containing individual products) from the first one (containing only product groups)?

Thank you!

Outcomes