2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2008 11:00 AM by bosslisa

Need help with Related Contacts function in Starter Solution database, FMP9

bosslisa

Title

Need help with Related Contacts function in Starter Solution database, FMP9

Hi,
      I am working with a db that is a pre-made "starter solution" called "Contacts Management" under "Business - People & Assets" in "New DB" in the file menu.  This db has a feature under the related contacts tab called 'similars' which is suppose to find and list other contact records that share the same city, name, or company.  Unfortunately, it doesn't work, or at least, I don't understand how it's suppose to work b/c it seems pretty dysfunctional.  It is set up so that you select a button (city, name, or company) and then it lists the name and company of any similar records that it finds.  But it only seems to list one name & company, even if there is more than one similar contact.  The related contacts tab section also includes a text field with a scroll bar with some text in it that says "[Similars 1..4+]", but nothing ever appears in this field and I don't understand what its function is.

Is anyone familiar with this "Related Contacts" feature in the Contacts Management db?  I'd really appreciate some direction with how this is supposed to work and how to configure it properly for my records.  Thank you in advance!